Updated Payment, No Longer Have HULU Access

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

LG TV, Note 9, PS4, Amazon Fire HD, Blah blah

My Question 

I lost my wallet and had to order new cards. I received my credit card and updated my payment card. I received the warning messages, but my accounts were never cancelled. I was on Hulu abou an hour before I updated my card. After updating it, its asking me to subscribe to Hulu. What happened? I've read other comments where people are losing their Hulu subscription for simply changing their payment method. This is very frustrating.

5 Replies

Hey @Bboyunltd808, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this.

You're not the only one with this issue, and Spotify is looking into it. Since the Premium and Hulu bundle has ended, you won't be able to connect Hulu to your Spptify account.

I'd recommend keeping an eye on spotify.com for future deals and promotional offers.

I hope this helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Didnt help a bit, but thanks for responding. The problem is I already had the bundle on my account, but now I dont after changing the payment card. 

Hey @Bboyunltd808,

Yes I understand your issue, and as stated in my last reply - this is an issue that Spotify is looking into.

Since the bundle is over, you or Spotify won't be able to add Hulu back to your Premium subscription.

I hope this clears things up 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I had the same exact issue. While it seems understandable that the promotion would end eventually, it also feels to me that I'm being punished simply for updating my payment? Spotify support gave me a similar non-satisfying response.

Billy-J wrote:

this is an issue that Spotify is looking into.

and then wrote:

Spotify won't be able to add Hulu back to your Premium subscription.

Okay, Billy-J, so Spotify is "looking into it?" But they won't actually do anything about it? Why bother looking into it then? Maybe 'cause that's what they are trained to say when they don't have a better answer?

Taking away the bundle just because someone changed their credit card number is a breach of contract.

You say the "bundle is over." That's not true. The Hulu promotion is still active for everyone who actually signed up for it when it was available. It would be more accurate to say that it is no longer offered to new or existing subscribers. But everyone who got it when it was available still has it. It's not "over." Spotify still has a very active contractual relationship with Hulu. And Hulu is still offered on Spotify student accounts. The promotion still exists.

Except if you change your card number, then you lose it, and they can't explain why. But rest assured, they're looking into it. That will make everyone feel better about getting s*r*w*d by Spotify.

What are they looking into, Billy-J? Is there a problem occuring when subscribers change their card number? Is the Hulu promo getting cancelled when that's not supposed to happen?

Maybe you could elaborate on what you mean by "looking into it." Or maybe not. Maybe you just copied and pasted from a list of phrases used by Rock Stars.

Or is "looking into it" a code word that means "we're investigating why something is not working correctly, but we are allowed to say that something is not working."

If the promo should not have been cancelled, then Spotify can, and should, and must fix the problem.

If they won't fix it, then I recommend that the subscribers who are victims of this behavior sue for breach of contract.

Oh, wait you can't sue. You have to use arbitration. It's in the terms and conditions.

But that's okay, because arbitration is supposedly cheaper and faster than a lawsuit. And you don't need a lawyer.

Why don't you just say it in plain English, Billy-J? If your credit card gets stolen, and you have to get a new number, you're going to lose your Hulu promo. Isn't that what's really happening here? Why isn't that clearly stated in the terms and conditions? Maybe 'cause it's not supposed to happen?? Is that what they're "looking into," Billy-J? If it's not supposed to happen, then they need to FIX IT. And restore the promo to people who lost it in violation of the terms and conditions.

Anyone who wants assistance in filing an arbitration case can message me privately.

Suggested posts