NEXT STEP

Updated my payment information but it reverted my account

Updated my payment information but it reverted my account

Plan

Premium with Hulu

Country

US

My Question or Issue

I had a premium spotify with Hulu plan. I had to change my card information because I got a new one and it was trying to charge the old one. I followed the instructions for updating that through spotify. It charged me the 9.99 through the update but doing that reverted my plan back to regular spotify instead of directing me to a page that would have me pay for my spotify/hulu plan. I had to go googling for the page but I've already paid for the spotify premium account and the only way I can find to get my hulu add on back is to be charged another 12.99 on top of that? Now my hulu account isn't working. It just wasn't made clear through the update process that doing so would revert my account. Updating the payment information only takes you to one page and that page isn't the one for spotify+hulu, even if you already have that as part of your plan.

Can someone help me so that I can have my plan back without being charged twice for it?

Top Answer
Peter
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We've passed this on to the right team, who are currently looking into it.

We'll let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks! Take care 🙂

4 Replies

I'm having the same problem when I went to update my credit card. My Hulu subscription seems to have been wiped out, and I'm only a few weeks into what should have been 3 months for 99 cents, and then $12.99 for a bundle.

So I previously had Spotify Premium along with Hulu.  I had lost my card and was awaiting a new one.  In the meantime I continued to enjoy both services and finally got a warning saying I needed to change my payment method or I'd lose my premium.  I changed to the new card I finally received.  I still had a few days before my account was to be canceled.  So I changed my payment method and continued on with my life.  I went to turn on Hulu this morning and found that I no longer have Hulu access.  I got a hold of customer service and the first time I was reponded with my account was cancelled and I lost Hulu.  Ok, but I still had some days left before my account was due to be cancelled.  So I responded and got into a chat with another CS rep.  I was then told that even though my account wasn't officially canceled.  By my changing of my payment card, I had canceled my previous services an started a new account.  Niether of which I agreed too, nor was this on the Changing of Payment Method page when I visited to do what I had to do.  I changed from PayPal to my previous card and didn't have this issue.  Iwas told thats because the offer was still on.  OK, BUT!  I never intended to cancel my subscription an by losing my previous card I'm being punished for continuing my services.  I've got a copy of the chat transcript and jus reading again angers the **bleep** out of me.  If anyone has any information or advice, it'd be appreciated.  I can also provide the transcript if CS needs it.  I was in a lose lose situation.  Don't update my payment and lose service or update my payment and lose service.

I've just recently run into the same issue. My card on file expired, just as normal credit cards do. Spotify prompted me to update my payment information in the app, so I did. Later that day, I try to watch Hulu and learn that I can't because my account had been downgraded. I contacted Spotify support to see what was up and learned that updating my payment method led to my previous plan being canceled and re-subscribed without the Hulu bundle. They saw this in the payment logs. When I asked to have it reactivated, they said they can't because the bundle is no longer available. I was not having this, so I got escalated to the Executive Team. The support person, Michael, was great. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for Spotify's ability to properly address the situation. They offered me 2, then 3, then 6 months of Premium for free, but I respectfully declined. I didn't write in to get pacified with free Spotify Premium. Theres a matter of principle here. I wrote in to report a problem with the payment system and get my account back to the way it was. Whether that's through the original promo, the student package, or through an engineering toggle doesn't matter to me. I simply want Spotify + Hulu as it was before updating my card. Instead, my sentiments were logged in feedback report and put in front of the right people. Nice job setting up your customers and support team for failure, Spotify. It really shows how much @SpotifyCares.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We've passed this on to the right team, who are currently looking into it.

We'll let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks! Take care 🙂

Suggested posts