Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Updating credit card changed plan

Updating credit card changed plan

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I recently got a different credit card number and forgot to update my premium family subscription. When I opened my Spotify App on my Samsung Galaxy 7, it prompted me with a red banner. That was great, but when I did, it only gave me the option to accept Premium. So I did, then went back into my subscriptions and upgraded back to family. Now, its only charged me for solo premium, did my family members lose their accounts? Do they have to start over? This really shouldn't be so difficult to update a credit card number....

3 Replies

Hey @Driftless 

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts to check if it's the same account you had with the Family Plan.

If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

If you see a random number, that's your actual Spotify username, which was assigned automatically to you when you created your account through Facebook. If you see it in your receipt, you need to use the Log In with Facebook button.

If needed, you can upgrade your account here to the Family plan.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Osornios. Thank you for the reply. 

So, here was the scoop.... apparently, when I clicked on "update", the app took me to the Premium landing page, instead of the family. It wasn't an issue of being in the wrong account, it just isn't that smart, I guess. 

Anyway, the good news is that once I upgraded the account back to family,( my users had to go through the invitation process again) but all their playlists were still there. This may have been problematic for a student away or something, but it turned out fine for me.

I do believe that they need to enhance their app to put you in the correct landing page. Advice to anyone else? Update your subscription on a laptop, don't use the phone app.

Thank you!! 

Good advice. Nice to know it's all good now. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts