Upgrade Pre-Paid Premium Individual to Duo

Solved!

Upgrade Pre-Paid Premium Individual to Duo

Plan

Pre-Paid Premium Individual

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

I'm currently signed up for a pre-paid Premium Individual subscription. My account says "Your Spotify Premium ends on 2/23/22."

I'd like to convert to Duo, but I want to understand how the pre-paid credit will apply to the Duo account. I've seen several posts about this, but I don't really feel like they answer my question. Also, when I start the process of converting the account, I am never told when I'll need to start making the monthly payments on Duo, so that's not very re-assuring.

If I convert to Duo, will the "cash value" of my existing pre-paid Premium Individual membership be applied to the new Duo account? Will that delay the start date for my Duo payments? Is there a way for me to find out the exact numbers on this?

I'd like an answer from someone who works for Spotify.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @alanlauer,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Whatever new subscription you start, Spotify should allow you to use all the remaining Premium time available on your account before switching to the new plan. 

What will happen is that the Premium time you've paid for, for an individual subscription, will be recalculated based on the price difference between Premium Individual (9.99 $) and Premium Duo (12.99 $). So the prepaid premium time will be shortened to roughly 2/3 of the original duration, but 2 users would be able to enjoy their music 🙂

Once you've changed your plan, your next Billing Date will appear on your Account page.

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @alanlauer,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Whatever new subscription you start, Spotify should allow you to use all the remaining Premium time available on your account before switching to the new plan. 

What will happen is that the Premium time you've paid for, for an individual subscription, will be recalculated based on the price difference between Premium Individual (9.99 $) and Premium Duo (12.99 $). So the prepaid premium time will be shortened to roughly 2/3 of the original duration, but 2 users would be able to enjoy their music 🙂

Once you've changed your plan, your next Billing Date will appear on your Account page.

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is the best answer I've seen to this question. It's the most complete, and it quells my fears.

Thanks, Alex!

If you're able to provide feedback, please make these time calculations display when I'm progressing through the account conversion process. At this time, there is no indication that my credit will survive the change.

Thanks again!

When I click to change plan I only see option to do the payments again and not to just upgrade the plan.

Suggested posts