Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgrade a 12 month subscription to Duo

Solved!

Upgrade a 12 month subscription to Duo

I've got a 12 month subscription to Spotify Premium which expires Dec 2020, but I'd like to upgrade this to Spotify Duo. Is it possible to do this? Can I pay the excess (£3.00) monthly or can I only do this once my subscription expires?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @JGT2020,

Thanks for your reply! We're happy the upgrade to Duo worked 🙂

If both of you are unable to listen music simultaneously, this indicates that you're both probably logged in to the same account. 

We suggest that you both log out on your devices and then back in with your personal accounts. That should do the trick. 

If you or your wife forgot your login details, you should check out this page.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey there @JGT2020,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

Don't worry! You don't need to wait for your Premium time to expire. You can head here and upgrade to Premium Duo right away and the amount you already paid will be automatically converted to your new plan.

Just bear in mind that your next billing date will be brought forward because of the price difference between the two subscriptions. - you can check the exact date on your account page here.

For full information on Premium Duo, we suggest checking out this support article.

Hope you'll find this helpful. If you have further questions, you know where to find us.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Xenia - I switched over to the Duo account but it is only going to start in November once my 12-month Premium subscription has finished. So it doesn't look like it's able to use the money I've already paid for Premium against Duo. Do you think this is correct or have I done something wrong?

Hey @JGT2020,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

That's odd. Can you check your subscription status following the instructions here?

If your plan hasn't changed to Duo, it's possible the payment details you entered couldn't be processed successfully. Did you get a confirmation at the end of the checkout that your purchase was completed?

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you need more help with this.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey Xenia - yes everything has gone through okay, it's saying my plan is now Premium Duo and my wife has been able to set herself up as the second user for Duo - but we're only able to listen to music on one device. Thanks!

Marked as solution

Hey there @JGT2020,

Thanks for your reply! We're happy the upgrade to Duo worked 🙂

If both of you are unable to listen music simultaneously, this indicates that you're both probably logged in to the same account. 

We suggest that you both log out on your devices and then back in with your personal accounts. That should do the trick. 

If you or your wife forgot your login details, you should check out this page.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks Peter - she was indeed on my account; now working perfectly! Thanks for your help.

Can you help me do the same please as I purchased a 12m gift card but didn’t realise it’s only for individual account?

Hey, take a look at the comments above to see if it'll help. If not I'm sure one of the moderators can help!

Hey folks,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

That's a great advice @JGT2020, thank you for jumping in. If @OmniiOMEGA still has the individual subscription, you can try to change the current plan in your account page by hitting the button Change plan.

In case you have any error message, it's possible that you need to register a recurrent payment method to be able to change it. To do so, just hit this link, select the type of plan you want and continue the process of registering the payment info. Since your account already has a subscription, it won't charge the card, but it's possible the bank will charge a small amount to make sure that the purchase is legit.

Note: you need to choose the option "monthly subscription" in the plan you want for the account to make the change right away. Avoid pre-paid payments as they don't change the plan.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello Everyone! I was thinking of doing this method of buying the 12M Individual annual subscription then converting that to Duo will it work? Because I'm looking for a way to Budget between me and my brother to listen to music without worrying about paying the subscription monthly.

Suggested posts