Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgrade page do not fully load with the payment form

Upgrade page do not fully load with the payment form

I'm moved from Northern Cyprus (Spotify knows this location as the Turkey because of the de-facto government) to Azerbaijan. The end of my subscription, the Spotify Windows app says:

"Your country does not match the one set in your profile. To continue use, update your profile or upgrade your Spotify account. (Error code: 408)". 

This part is made me too sad. But then I tried to upgrade my account but the upgrade page does not fully load with the payment forms. This also made me 2x sad.

I did research about this problem. many users still having this issue since 2014. Do any developers of Spotify think to fix this problem? I don't want to migrate my account to one of the competitors of Spotify.

So, please could you help me?

Thanks.

Helpful details:
Browser: Chrome (Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit))

Software: Spotify Windows Application

spotify.png
7 Replies

Hey @RuMad! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's not cool! Could you try to subscribe in a different browser or in an incognito window? Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have a great day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Hubo!

Thank you for trying to help. I tried it with Firefox and successfully the payment page loaded. When I start the payment proccess, it says "Your card or payment provider is having a bad day...". I'm using this card for my daily charges and it works like a charm.

Thanks for the info, @RuMad!

Just to check, could you verify with your bank if your payment card meets the requirements you'll find on this page? It'd be awesome if you could also check with them if your card is able to process online payments, international purchases and complies with 3D Secure verification. Additionally, do keep in mind that the issuing country for your payment card and the registered country on your account must be the same. If the countries don't match, you won't be able to process your payment.

Keep us posted 🙂

Hi @JulianA_Bogota.

I can verify that my bank card meets these requirements. I did pay all my bills with this same card on Spotify. But, these days it doesn't work only on Spotify. The card has 3D Secure and the countries are matching.

Thanks for the info @RuMad!

In this case, we recommend that you contact us via email here or through our official social media channels in Facebook or Twitter. This way, we'll be able to take a closer look at your account to see what's going on.

Be sure to let us know how it goes.

@SergioDavidthank you. I'll contact.

We're closing this thread for now.

If you need our help again, feel free to create a new one.

Cheers!

Suggested posts