Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgrade to Premium while abroad

Solved!

Upgrade to Premium while abroad

Plan: Free. Was on Premium via a phone company until a few days ago.
My Issue: I want to upgrade to Premium again. However, I am currently in Malaysia and therefore the webpage refuses to let me pay with my Swedish-issued card (Getting a local credit card has proven very difficult due to the temporary nature of my visa, and I'll be leaving for a third country soon anyway). I thought I might be able to change it back to Sweden to pay, but now my "Country" dropdown in my accounts only has "Malaysia" in it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @gabrielforsen,

Thanks for reaching out.

Since your payment method has been issued in Sweden, you can only use it to upgrade to Premium when you're actually in Sweden and your country setting is set to Sweden.

Have you thought about using one of the prepaid payment methods that are available in Malaysia? Spotify Gift Cards, for example? 🙂 You can look for them in a local store near you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @gabrielforsen,

Thanks for reaching out.

Since your payment method has been issued in Sweden, you can only use it to upgrade to Premium when you're actually in Sweden and your country setting is set to Sweden.

Have you thought about using one of the prepaid payment methods that are available in Malaysia? Spotify Gift Cards, for example? 🙂 You can look for them in a local store near you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts