Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgrading to Spotify Duo but just paid for my current premium subscription...

Upgrading to Spotify Duo but just paid for my current premium subscription...

My Question or Issue

I just paid for my premium account on March 1, 9.99$ -- if I upgrade to the new premium duo account @ $12.99 - will I be charged an additional $12.99 OR will i just pay the difference of $3.00 OR will I just be charged $12.99 on my next payment date? Thank you! 

10 Replies

When you click select plan for a different plan on your account page, this is what shows (for me when I select premium. All numbers would be different for you): 

• Your new plan starts today.
  • Starting 06/03/2020, you’ll be charged Fr. 19.90/month.
  • We’ll apply the remainder of this month’s bill to your new plan. Your new billing date is the day that credit runs out.

Now, I'm not native in English and really, I don't feel like thinking about this too much right now to be very honest, but what I think it means, is that you won't pay double and will probably only have to pay the difference.

I hope this helped, and if it did, please press the Accept as solution button.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Have a great day!

Hey there @JennyGC,

I can confirm what @PrettyMuchSwiss wrote is correct. If you already had a Premium subscription with us before you upgraded to Duo, your billing switches automatically - you don’t need to cancel anything and you won't be charged twice.

Your new payment date will likely be a few days earlier than usual to cover the price difference between Individual and Duo Premium.

You can track all this on your account page, under Your plan.

For full info about Premium Duo you can check out this support article.

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll be right here if you have any other questions 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Bonjour, je souhaite savoir si les 2 utilisateurs du compte Premium qui vont basculer sur un compte duo, vont perdre toutes les playlist, bibliothèque.... Enfin tous ce qu'ils ont enregistré en favoris......
Merci de votre réponse

Google a traduit:
Héy,
Lorsque vous changez votre plan en duo premium, les deux comptes restent, ils sont simplement mis à niveau vers premium. Cela signifie que vous ne perdrez pas de listes de lecture ni de quoi que ce soit d'autre.
J'espère que cela vous a été utile et je vous souhaite une excellente journée.

Original:

Google translated:
Hey there,
When you change your plan to duo premium, the two accounts will stay, they just get upgraded to premium. This means, that you will not loose and saved playlists or anything else.
I hope this was helpful, and I wish you a great day.

But did your duo kick in immediately? I have the same message after "purchasing" duo, and my paypal was charged 1 cent. But when I look at what plan I have it still says regular premium and I have no information about invite links that I can use. What am I missing???

Hey there @hamburgler3,

Glad to have you on the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

Some payment providers may issue an authorization charge when you update your payment details or change plans. Don't worry, this is just to check that the payment details are still valid and the charges will be automatically refunded.

When you already have Premium with us and switch to Duo, your plan will change immediately and you can start inviting members at once. You can check your subscription status on your account page.

If you need help on how to manage your Premium Duo plan, we'd suggest you head here.

Hope this answers your questions. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

XeniaModerator

Hi! I have an anual individual plan and want to move to duo plan… I only pay the difference (my next payment is do on February 23)… how does it work? 

Hey there @Leakimsolrac

Thanks for reaching put about this here in the Community.

If you switch to Premium Duo from Premium individual, you won't get charged right away, just keep in mind that your next billing date will be brought forward to compensate for the price difference between plans. Once you change your subscription, you'll see your next billing date here

No worries, you'll enjoy the Premium Duo's advantages from the moment you upgrade your subscription.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

What happens to the fee my partner has already paid for her own premium account? Will that be refunded?

Hi there @sohizzle,

Thanks for the question.

If a Spotify user joins a Family/ Duo plan as a member, their currently remaining subscription time will not be refunded. What they can do is cancel their individual subscription, wait until their account switches to free in the end of their prepaid period and then join the Family/ Duo plan.

Hope this info clears things up.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts