Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using "family plan" while one member is travelling?

Using "family plan" while one member is travelling?

Hey everyone,

Just a quick question here.  

My girlfriend and I live together and I just upgraded my spotify to include her as well.

My main concern is that she's in Brazil for the next two weeks.  If I give her access now while she's out there, will that put a red flag on my account and possibly have admins shut it down?

I read in the terms and conditions about having to reside in the same household, but didn't really consider that she's gone for another 2 weeks.  How does that work?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies

Hello @ShreddyMercury,

Sweet name. Unfortunately to add a member to family plan you must be located at the same address as the one you put under Family Premium when you signed up.

She would not be able to join your premium account until she got back from Brazil.

Hope this answers your question.

If this was your solution please mark it as such.
Likes are appreciated.

My only concern now is if one of us travels again in the near future?

I was in Brazil as well until recently and used my account the whole time I was out there... 

In order to join a family plan, all members must reside at the same physical address as the administrator. If you're currently in the US, you can start a Spotify Family subscription with your girlfriend. Just make sure your account's country is set to the US as well as your girlfriend's and any other family member. You can manage your account's settings from here. Once you join the plan the location of the family members no longer has to be the same. Spotify premium allows abroad forever so your trips will have no problem with your account.

Hope this helps.

If this helps please leave a like.

If this was your solution please mark it as such.

Suggested posts