Solved!

Validity of Premium subscription

Plan - Premium 

Premium

Country

Singapore

My Question or Issue

Hi Spotify,

I am wondering if my monthly subscription for Premium is valid on a calendar basis or is it based on when my fee is paid? For example, if I have to pay my monthly fee on the 22nd of each month, would my premium subscription be valid for the rest of the month if I were to cancel my subscription after the 22nd?

In other words, if I were to cancel my subscription after the paying the subscription in the current month but before the next bill is due on the 22nd of the following month, would I be charged on the following month for XX number of days that I have been using Premium?

Thanks and appreciate some clarification soonest.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @gogobananas,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this!

Just to add to what @OneByBoo mentioned, when you cancel your Premium subscription (no matter what date between 22 August and 22 September), you’ll still have access to Premium until 22 September, since you paid 22 August. After 22 September, your account will revert to Spotify Free unless you renew your subscription in the future.

There is some more information on canceling a subscription in this support article.

I hope this clears things up. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @gogobananas,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Spotify billing date is set to the date of which the user had subscribed and defined as a monthly payment.

That means that if you've subscribed on the 22nd of March and canceled on the 24rd your Premium will be kept for the rest of the month as your payment is defined monthly.

After the month is over, your account will revert back to Free.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Hi OneByBoo,

Forgive me if I am still unclear and need to clarify again. For eg. if i paid my bill on 22 Aug, and I cancel on the 28 Aug, does it mean I won't get to enjoy Spotify Premium in September?

Thanks again!😊

Marked as solution

Hey @gogobananas,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this!

Just to add to what @OneByBoo mentioned, when you cancel your Premium subscription (no matter what date between 22 August and 22 September), you’ll still have access to Premium until 22 September, since you paid 22 August. After 22 September, your account will revert to Spotify Free unless you renew your subscription in the future.

There is some more information on canceling a subscription in this support article.

I hope this clears things up. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts