Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Video Ads in radio with premium?

Solved!

Video Ads in radio with premium?

I queued up "Rock This" radio and every so often I get a video about some idot talking about potato tacos.  I went premium to get away from music interruptions what is this?

Capture.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The "video ads" that you refer to aren't ads at all! They're little clips that are purposefully included in the radio playlist. Sometimes they give information about upcoming songs, albums, or artists, or to give little snippets of an artist's biography, or anything else that Spotify deems fitting for the radio station. This helps to make it feel more like a radio station than a streaming radio.

If you don't like these clips, I'd suggest finding your favorite rock artist, and starting a radio station from their name. It will still list related songs and artists in the radio station, without the clips

As you can see, in the first screenshot, I have the "Rock This" radio station playing, and it includes clips. In the second, I have the "Jack White" radio station playing, and it only has music by related artists and genres, without clips. You can do this with any artist or artists you'd like.

I hope this helped!

View solution in original post

Capture02.PNG
Capture.PNG
3 Replies
Marked as solution

The "video ads" that you refer to aren't ads at all! They're little clips that are purposefully included in the radio playlist. Sometimes they give information about upcoming songs, albums, or artists, or to give little snippets of an artist's biography, or anything else that Spotify deems fitting for the radio station. This helps to make it feel more like a radio station than a streaming radio.

If you don't like these clips, I'd suggest finding your favorite rock artist, and starting a radio station from their name. It will still list related songs and artists in the radio station, without the clips

As you can see, in the first screenshot, I have the "Rock This" radio station playing, and it includes clips. In the second, I have the "Jack White" radio station playing, and it only has music by related artists and genres, without clips. You can do this with any artist or artists you'd like.

I hope this helped!

Capture02.PNG
Capture.PNG

We can disagree on this but they interupt the music to try and get me interrested in another musician, definatly an ad, this is disappointing but the correct answer. 

They are definitely interruptions, although I wouldn't consider them advertisements as all the clips I've personally encountered have been about or include an artist or artists that are features in the radio playlist already. However, if you've heard one that explicitely advertises an artist, band, or otherwise that isn't listed in the station's artist, I would absolutely concede that that is an advertisement and shouldn't be in the radio station for us Premium members. Fortunately for us, they are skippable either way!

I'm glad you found my answer as a solution, and appreciate you marking it as such.

Suggested posts