Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Visa Green Dot Card repeatedly rejected

Visa Green Dot Card repeatedly rejected

Has anybody else been completely hung out to dry by Spotify lately?

My payment failed when I attempted to access Premium with my Visa Green Dot card. After looking online, I saw on Spotify's own list of acceptable payment methods that Visa debit cards are indeed recognized, as they're written on the list. My next solution was to buy a Spotify Premium e-card for myself, as it was recommended as a solution in countless forums in the majority of cases of payment method failures. However, Spotify did not accept my Visa Green Dot card as a payment method, even for just the one-time purchase. Does Spotify not recognize Green Dot as a legitimate form of payment or something? It is the only form available to me in which I share/spend money online, and Spotify is my primary source of music & audio content. I'm hoping that this is some type of technical error and my card can be accepted/entered by a member of the Spotify team manually! 

[EDIT]: I did a live chat with a Spotify help representative and was told to contact Visa about the possibility of recurring charges not being allowed on my account/card. After speaking with Visa and going back through all of my Green Dot account settings/allowances, there was nothing that needed to be done as my card already had all its normal allowances set.

Spotify's website needs an update because my card is listed as an acceptable form of payment yet has been declined on all browsers/devices I've logged into Spotify from & tried it on. It's 2018, I don't want to be filching music off of friends if I have a way of paying for my own but Spotify doesn't recognize my payment as legit? wth

3 Replies

Hey @aaalexx, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your payment method. Did you already check with Visa that your card meets the requirements listed here

if so, and you're still having trouble, it'd be best to try with a different payment method. In the meantime, we'll pass your feedback on this to our team.

Hope that helps 🙂

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your payment method. Did you already check with Visa that your card meets the requirements listed here

if so, and you're still having trouble, it'd be best to try with a different payment method. In the meantime, we'll pass your feedback on this to our team.

Hope that helps 🙂

Hope that helps 🙂

Suggested posts