Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Visa prepaid for Spotify Premium $0.99 for 3 months offer

Solved!

Visa prepaid for Spotify Premium $0.99 for 3 months offer

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I am trying to get the 3 months for $0.99 Spotify premium offer using a visa prepaid card, but every time I enter in the card information, it says there was a problem using the card and to use a different payment method. I did some research and discovered that Spotify does support the use of Visa prepaid cards. My card is activated and registered, and I bought a song on google play to make sure the card was working, and the payment went through. Can someone explain what isn't working?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again, @gaurangib 

Please, check with your card provider if your debit card is able to effectuate purchases that need a recurring payment. If your card doesn't accept recurring payments, it won't be accepted on Spotify, but you can ask your card provider to release that function. 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey, @gaurangib 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Take a look at this following article to get info about how to solve your issue:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hi, I have looked at payment troubleshooting and I can't seem to find a solution. I still don't understand what the issue is.

Marked as solution

Hey again, @gaurangib 

Please, check with your card provider if your debit card is able to effectuate purchases that need a recurring payment. If your card doesn't accept recurring payments, it won't be accepted on Spotify, but you can ask your card provider to release that function. 

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts