Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wanted student discount but then decided to do free trial. But I got charged 4.99

Wanted student discount but then decided to do free trial. But I got charged 4.99

I am a student and wanted to try Spotify. I saw student discount and applied for it. The transaction said it didn't go through and it said it didn't charge me. 

Then I noticed free 1 month trial. So I decided to try that. I signed up for free month and I received an email confirming it. But then I got charged 4.99 from my bank account. 

Will Spotify reimburse me? 

8 Replies

Hey @marianevoyt,

If Spotify is unable to verify your student I.D, you won’t be eligible to claim the student discount. In this instance, any charges will show on your statement as ‘pending’. This means your bank has put a temporary authorization on the funds, but no money has actually been taken.

Once the bank confirms your student I.D failed to verify successfully, the money will reappear on your statement. This can take up to 48 hours, depending on your bank. You can reach out to them for more information about any pending payments.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I just wanted to try a free trial. So you think I will get my money back?

Yes, since you mentioned that you didn't complete the student discount signup process.

MaximSpotify Star

Hello!

I got the same problem as mentioned in this post. I was charged €4.99 immediately. I didn't click on "Continue" after filling out my CC data.

What do I have to do to get a refund?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Manuel

@manuel_verheij,

In this instance, any charges will show on your statement as ‘pending’. This means your bank has put a temporary authorization on the funds, but no money has actually been taken.

Once the bank confirms your student I.D failed to verify successfully, the money will reappear on your statement. This can take up to 48 hours, depending on your bank. You can reach out to them for more information about any pending payments.

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks for the reply!

Does that apply as well when you didn't click "Continue"?

@manuel_verheij,

It sure does. Otherwise, I would've mentioned that.

Also, in the future, to ensure that we can offer you the best help that we can, could you please create your own thread? Doing so is easy. Simply select the appropriate board here, and then select “Start a Topic.” next time you've got an issue/question.

Thank you very much!

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks a lot!

I will create my own thread in the future.

Suggested posts