Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wanting to upgrade account

Wanting to upgrade account

I just recently paid for my premium account, but I was wanting to see about upgrading to the DUO account. Does anyone know if I were to upgrade, if I would be reimbursed for the $9.99 or would I just be out the $9.99 and charged the $12.99? It literally was just taken out on the 23rd. So I’m not sure if I should just wait until next month. Or what my best option is? 

1 Reply

Hi @Forevertine,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

I moved your post from Chat to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

When you upgrade your subscription from Premium Individual to Premium Duo, your plan immediately switches to Premium Duo, and any remaining time that you've already paid for in your Premium Individual plan is converted into a Premium Duo subscription.

For this reason, your new billing date (which you can view on your account page) will likely be a few days earlier than usual to cover the price difference between the two plans.

You can feel free to upgrade to Premium Duo here whenever you like; and while you won’t be reimbursed the $9.99 that you last paid for your Premium Individual subscription, this payment won’t be lost since it will count for the new Premium Duo subscription.

You can also read more about how Premium Duo works in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts