Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What after gift card period ends?

Solved!

What after gift card period ends?

Hi,

I have a question about what happens when gift card period has ended?

Will subscription automatically return to free status?

Is it required to enter credit card details upfront when using gift card and what happens when I will not provide credit card detail and only use gift card will subscription return to free status?

Similar behaviour is on Netflix but there service is suspended for obvious reasons (no free service)

Best Regards,

OmegaRED    

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @OmegaRED1, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you don't have a payment method stored on your Spotify account, then once the Premium time ends on the gift card, your subscription will automatically revert to Free. You can manage your payment details following these steps

If you have a payment method stored, then you'll be charged the regular rate for Premium after the Premium time is up on your gift card, until you cancel. More information on gift cards can be found here.

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @OmegaRED1, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you don't have a payment method stored on your Spotify account, then once the Premium time ends on the gift card, your subscription will automatically revert to Free. You can manage your payment details following these steps

If you have a payment method stored, then you'll be charged the regular rate for Premium after the Premium time is up on your gift card, until you cancel. More information on gift cards can be found here.

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts