Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What happen if I cancel Premium from phone company

Solved!

What happen if I cancel Premium from phone company

Plan

Premium Family (through phone company)

Country Iceland

Device

(iPhone 6s)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

I wonder what happens with my Premium Family account if I cancel the subscription with my telecom company? I have the Premium Family through my phone subscription at the moment. As things are now, I have collected a decent amount of music (also my daughter) and do not want to loose all this. My plan is to get a "normal" Premium Family subscription after cancelling my phone subscription and pay that separately. What is best practice here? Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mynameisbrand,

I understand your concern. When you change your subscription, only the subscription gets changed - so that means you will still have your content on your account and saved music, playlists, etc. No need to worry about them losing their content after losing their Premium Family subscription.

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @mynameisbrand, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

You can’t pay for Premium Family by mobile, or with another company. Since you already pay this way, you first need to cancel and wait for your current Premium to end before you can upgrade to Premium Family through Spotify directly.

You won't lose your saved content on your account, including saved music, playlists, etc. when changing your subscription.

There is some more information on Premium Family here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi Billy-J and thanks for the fast reply.

- What about the the other accounts, like my daughter and spouse (the invited ones) ... will they also have their playlists etc intact when my current Family Premium is cancelled? My biggest worry here is not my own stuff, it's my daughters beloved playlists and Ariana Grande 😅

And yes, my plan is to cancel with my current mobile operator to change to a mere economic subscription. Then resubscribe to the Family Premium after changing to the better alternative. The alternative do not have Spotify included, but will be someway cheaper all in all.

Thank you -

Marked as solution

Hey @mynameisbrand,

I understand your concern. When you change your subscription, only the subscription gets changed - so that means you will still have your content on your account and saved music, playlists, etc. No need to worry about them losing their content after losing their Premium Family subscription.

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts