Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What happen to my preferences when I switch back from Spotify Duo/Family to Spotify Premium?

Solved!

What happen to my preferences when I switch back from Spotify Duo/Family to Spotify Premium?

Hello,

I am thinking of switching from a Spotify Premium account to a Spotify Duo/Family account.

But, I would like to know what would happen to my preferences, playlists, etc. in the case where I would switch back to Spotify Premium in a near future.

Would it let me keep my former preferences, or would it make me start again from a blank account?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Guive, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

When you change plans or cancel Premium, you'll keep all of your content on your account. This means you won't lose any content such as saved songs, playlists, or other saved content you have on your account. 

There's more information on the Premium Family plan and the Premium Duo plan

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @Guive,

Thanks for getting back to us.

That's right - with all subscription changes, including a revert to the free service, all accounts keep their information 🙂 If you cancel your subscription, on the day it expires, bot your account and the ones of any other members of the plan will be switched to free and get to keep their music collection. Each account can of course join another plan or get an individual Premium subscription afterwards, if they want to.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions, we'll be right here.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Guive, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

When you change plans or cancel Premium, you'll keep all of your content on your account. This means you won't lose any content such as saved songs, playlists, or other saved content you have on your account. 

There's more information on the Premium Family plan and the Premium Duo plan

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello @Billy-J,

Thank you very much for your answer! Very useful!

So, if I do understand, even in the case of a "downgrade" from a Premium Duo to a Premium, I won't lose any information related to my account. That's it?

Would you know what will happen to the preferences of the person whom I will share my Duo Premium account with, once/whether I switch back to the Premium? Will he/she lose their preferences, as he/she obviously will have to create a new account by him/herself?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Guive

Marked as solution

Hey @Guive,

Thanks for getting back to us.

That's right - with all subscription changes, including a revert to the free service, all accounts keep their information 🙂 If you cancel your subscription, on the day it expires, bot your account and the ones of any other members of the plan will be switched to free and get to keep their music collection. Each account can of course join another plan or get an individual Premium subscription afterwards, if they want to.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions, we'll be right here.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you very much!

Suggested posts