Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What happens to downloaded song between two seprated subscriptions?

Solved!

What happens to downloaded song between two seprated subscriptions?

So for example you've canceled your premium or your trial ends and you have downloaded songs specially saving a whole playlist or making a 300 song playlist and downloaded all of its songs. What happens if your premium ends for any reason and you renew it one or two week later? Is  your songs still downloaded when you go premium again after a break?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mahmoudmoraf, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Great question.

Whenever you cancel your subscription, or your trial period is over and you don't continue - your songs are still saved but they are no longer downloaded, becuase you're on the free ad-supported version. When you resubscribe, you'll be able to download your songs again and take advantage of the Premium features.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @mahmoudmoraf, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Great question.

Whenever you cancel your subscription, or your trial period is over and you don't continue - your songs are still saved but they are no longer downloaded, becuase you're on the free ad-supported version. When you resubscribe, you'll be able to download your songs again and take advantage of the Premium features.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

èThanks for your help

So that means the songs will be physically(or sth like that) deleted from my phone storage and I have to download them again? I know can't play them offline as long as I'm not premium but I thought they would remain in my storage as a cache or something...

Hey @mahmoudmoraf.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes- when you switch back to Free, your songs won’t be downloaded anymore, but will still be saved to your library.

Your songs do remain there and should change your storage amount depending on how much you saved.

I hope this helps! Let me know if that makes sense or if you have any more questions 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts