Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's Up With Kicking People Off Bundle?

What's Up With Kicking People Off Bundle?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

N/A

Operating System

N/A

My Question or Issue

If your account gets breached in the latest round of people trying to hijack family plans by switching users from premium to family, do you then get your hulu/premium subscription canceled indefinetely? 

I got an email saying someone was trying to change my account yesterday 9/8, saw this morning, contact spotify support. Find out this morning plan has been changed to family.

Confirmation that account was breached, go through account lock, reset, proof of account ownership. Return family plan to premium membership; get told that hulu/premium bundle can no longer be applied.

Why do unauthorized account changes remove eligibility to go back onto the previous plan? I had a unique password, no 3rd party access, no new device logins, no 3rd party access to account email. This wasn't phished, why am I losing my bundle for data and account breaches? 

1 Reply

Hello @ChrisB91!

I'm sorry to hear that someone has gained access to your Spotify account and changed your subscription. Since the Premium and Hulu offer is no longer available, you won't be able to get back on it.

However, if you're eligible for the student discount, you can find more info here on how to activate Hulu. If not, and you'd like to see the regular Premium + Hulu offer again, then make sure to add your vote to this idea.

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts