Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's going on if my credit card expire ?

What's going on if my credit card expire ?

Hello,

I want to start free 30 days trial today, but i need to put my credit card informations and this card will expire next month in May.

So, what's going on if on May 4. 2017 (end of free trial), have i always not upgraded payments informations ? The subscription will canceled or i will get bill, fine ?? ( I live in Switzerland)

Thanks for reply, have a nice day

2 Replies

Hi @attesrsis. What will happen somewhat depends exactly on how things play it. In general, if Spotify tries to charge your card to continue your subscription and payment fails (card has expired, details have changed, etc.), you will receive an email notification informing you that Spotify has tried to withdraw funds, but was unable to. You will then have about a day or two to update your details before they try again.

If Spotify tries multiple times to withdraw funds, but is unable to do so, your account will be locked for non-payment and you'll be required to get in touch with Support to get that sorted out.

I am not 100% certain what will happen in your instance since you are coming off of a free trial, though. You are fine using your card to register for the trial, but I would urge you to update your payment details as soon as you receive your replacement card. You can update your payment information at any time from your account overview page found here.

Hope this clears things up. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Cheers!

Hello LordRollin,

Thanks for reply.

So i don't get a fine or postal police claims ? I'm scary ^^

Have a nice day

A.E

Suggested posts