Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What to do with my trial account? I joined my husband on family Spotify

Solved!

What to do with my trial account? I joined my husband on family Spotify

Country Netherlands

My Question or Issue:  I wanted to try Spotify, so I made an account, and took the 3 months free Spotify ! My husband did this a time ago, and shortly he has a premium account. Today he changed it to Premium Family. And I joined it !

My question is: Do I still have to deactivate my free trial account? Before I also start paying for Premium ? Thank you !

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @houssart

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you already have Premium direct with Spotify, your billing switches automatically - you don’t need to cancel anything. 

When you join a Family plan with your existing Spotify account, all subsequent payments on your account will be made by the plan’s manager. 

Note: If your current Premium plan is associated with a partner, you need to cancel with them. 

You can track all this on your account page, under Your plan.

If you created a new account to join the Family plan, you need to cancel the subscription on your previous account. 

For more details on Premium Family check this support article

I hope you'll find this helpful!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @houssart

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you already have Premium direct with Spotify, your billing switches automatically - you don’t need to cancel anything. 

When you join a Family plan with your existing Spotify account, all subsequent payments on your account will be made by the plan’s manager. 

Note: If your current Premium plan is associated with a partner, you need to cancel with them. 

You can track all this on your account page, under Your plan.

If you created a new account to join the Family plan, you need to cancel the subscription on your previous account. 

For more details on Premium Family check this support article

I hope you'll find this helpful!

Ok, thank u very much for your reaction. As I understand it, I don't have
to do anything! I haven't been paying yet, I was in the free try out for 3
months.
So I don't have to give notice that I won't proceed with my account because
I ve joint my husband in his family Spotify!
Thanks a lot!
Rita

- Please type your reply above this line -##

Hi @houssart

No problem!

I'm glad I could help 🙂

Have a nice day!

Hey there @houssart,

Thanks for asking about this here! 

We're glad to see your question got answered. Feel free to mark @Emilia_8's response as a Solution, as this will help other users who are in the same situation to clarify things asap for themselves. 

Have a wonderful day and do reach out again if there's anything else we can lend a helping hand with 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts