Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why 5.99 EUR but 9.99 GBP

Why 5.99 EUR but 9.99 GBP

I am in the UK and have Spotify Premium on my Android phone as well as on my TV (via Amazon fire stick).  I don't often use the app on my Windows 10 PC (I normally just use the web player) but I just went to use it just now and it was not connected to my premium account, but offered me to connect to it for 5.99 EUR.  I connected to my account, for which I actually pay 9.99 GBP, but this made me wonder, why is it so much cheaper in Euros compared to GBP? Nothing to do with the currency difference, as 5.99 EUR is approximately 5.15 GBP, and also not just sales tax (I know that the 9.99 GBP is inclusive of 20% VAT) so it just seems that I am being unfairly charged a large percentage more just because I happen to live in the UK and not a country which uses the Euro (such as Ireland next door for example).  Why are UK customers being ripped off?

2 Replies

Hey there @JerichoMcLean,

thanks for posting in the community !

Payments are charged according to the market presented in the counry your using it.

For example in the US a Spotify user will pay 10USD for the account while in Israel he'll pay 20ILS (5 USD).

Hope this clarifies things 😃

Not really, it reinforces the OP's original observation without answering the question

Suggested posts