Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does the student dicount not work for non federal funding colleges?!

Why does the student dicount not work for non federal funding colleges?!

Recently, spotify informed me that my student discount would no longer be compatible with my current college (hillsdale college). This is absolutely ridiculous! The requirement is that it be a title IV college?! that merely means that the college aaccepts federal money! Is that the defenition of a college? NO! Hillsdale college was this year ranked #4 on the princeton review for colleges for people interested in community service. A college which ranks #4 on the princeton review not supported, because it dosent take tax dollars out of your pocket?! This is major descrimination, and needs to be fixed immediately. I realize spotify does not do the college verification process, they contract through sheerID. However, it is their responsibilty to fix this problem. Tell sheerID to get their stuff together, or switch college verification companies. Both apple music and Amazon unlimited support Hillsdale College in their student discounts. There is no reason why Spotify cannot do the same. Because of this, I am disconinuing my spotify subscription, and moving to Apple music, which works with my college! If spotify wants me back as a customer, this problem must be fixed immediately.

3 Replies

Hey @Nschlue,

I'd recommend reaching out to SheerID about this: https://www.sheerid.com/contact-deal-discount-support/.

Hopefully, they'll be able to look into this for you 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just contacted SheerID and was informed that the companies which hire them choose which college are acceptable, namely that Spotify chose to not accept non federal tax accepting(title 4) colleges, NOT sheerID. Again, the ball is 100% in Spotify’s court here. This is absolutely segregatory behaviour. 

Hey there @Nschlue,

Thanks for posting in the community regarding this.

Right now, the student discount isn’t available for non-Title IV schools. We appreciate this is something you'd like, so we'll let the right folks know about this.

In the meanwhile, if you think this is something other Spotify users would enjoy, we'd recommend heading in our Ideas Exchange and posting it here.

If you'd like more information on how the Ideas Exchange works, make sure to head here.

Have a nice day!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts