Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is Spotify trying to force me to get a duo subscription?

Why is Spotify trying to force me to get a duo subscription?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

5 Replies

Hey there @f5wxjnyj5otggzi1hpi2,

Thanks for the post.

If you give us a bit more info on what your issue is and how Spotify is forcing this on you, we'll do our best to clarify what's goin on and help out.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is happening to me too and I don't know what to do. I got a notification from Spotify saying I need to update my payment details for premium and when I selected indervidual it said that it wasn't available for my account t and was trying to make me pay for duo.

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

If you get the prompt to upgrade to a Duo subscription when you're trying to update the payment details, the way to update the payment details is to cancel the current subscription and activate a new Premium Individual subscription with the new payment method. Could you afterwards confirm, that this has resolved the issue?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

But if I do so, will I lose all albums and playlists saved on my library? Because if so, it's quite a hassle, and I don't see why not just change apps and be done with it, might even get a free month from elsewhere...

Hey @LukaBarone,

Thanks for the reply.

Your Library won't be affected by this at all. Even with a free account you can still enjoy Your Library, promise.

The only change after reverting to free will be the removal of the content downloaded for offline listening, but you can redownload it any time after upgrading to premium again.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Suggested posts