Family

Country

Sweden

Device

iMac, iPad, Samsung mobile

Operating System

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

My Question or Issue

I have a Family subscription but get a popup message asking me to update my payment info - why? I have not changed the credit card I've been using for a couple of years, and it has not expired. Makes me a bit nervous - why did my card details disappear?

8 Replies

Hey @teamemfel, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Where do you get this popup message, and how often? Also, it'd be best to send a screenshot of the message so I can take a closer look (make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community).

Let me know how you get on 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy,

The the message (attached) pops up on top of every Spotify application I run: iMac, iPad, mobile phone. It says: "We have not been able to renew your subscription due to a payment problem. If you want to keep your subscription you have to update your payment information.." (yes, with two dots ending the sentence) The last part is hyperlinked, but I have not yet clicked it since I don't see why I would need to update my payment information.

181022, Spotify payment popup kopia.jpg

@teamemfel,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you send an actual screenshot so I can take a look on my end? You can send the screenshot by clickinhg "Choose Files" under your reply, and send the screenshot.

Let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Here you go, attached is the full screenshot.

Spotify screenshot.jpg

... i.e it's the blue bar on top of the page, with the message about updating payment info.

@teamemfel.

Thanks for the screenshot.

Can you make sure that you are logged into the correct account? You can also check out this guide to help you find your account.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

I only have one accont and that's the one I'm logged in to. Any suggestions on why I get this message and what to do - is there any known explanation to why my payment info all of a sudden is missing, and is it safe to just update the payment info?

Hey @teamemfel.

Thanks for getting back to us.

No worries, you won't lose anything if your Premium expires. You'll have to resubscribe though. You can do this here.

If you get an error message, take a look at this page.

Should work. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day! 

Suggested posts