Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will I lose my free premium trial if I cancel it early?

Solved!

Will I lose my free premium trial if I cancel it early?

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Any

Operating System

Any

My Question or Issue

If I click on the cancel premium button to cancel any charges that would be made when my free premium ends, it says that it'll be cancelled today. I just got it, and I don't want to pay for premium, can I click cancel and still have premium?

Below is what I see.spotifypremium.png 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @srinivasanjhansi,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

When you cancel your subscription during the free trial, your Premium stays until your next billing date. After this, since your account doesn't have payment details anymore, instead of taking the first payment, it will revert back to free. 

Remember that you can also take a look at the date your Premium will expire by checking your account page.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hey @Tarnest, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Generally, you should still have access to Premium until the next billing date. If the next billing date is (today), then yes once you cancel it will revert your subscription to Free. 

If your billing date is not today, then don't click Cancel yet, as I will take a closer look and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience in advance!

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I just got it today, so I guess my billing date is today yeah. Does this mean I will be able to cancel it tomorrow?

Hey @Tarnest,

Okay, you just got Premium today - so your next billing date would be on 09/29/20. If you were to cancel Premium, you should have access to Premium through the next 3 months. 

Based on that screenshot, it says the Premium will end today if you cancel. I'll take a look at this as mentioned in my last reply, so don't click Cancel yet - just so I can get confirmation.

Thanks!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Ok, thank you! And by the way, I got the free 3 month premium so the 

next billing date should be 9/29!

Hey @Tarnest,

Thanks for your patience as I took a closer look.

Spotify is currently investigating this issue as some users see the wrong date when trying to cancel.

So, you can go ahead and cancel with no worries. The date is incorrectly displayed and you'll have the trial until September. More information on cancelling your subscription here.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

I have bought premium with 2 months free but then cancelled it 5 mins later as I did not need it so my question is that will i still be getting charged after then end date?

I have bought premium with 2 months free but then cancelled it 5 mins later as I did not need it so my question is that will i still be getting charged after then end date which is 8/29/22. I am asking this as i am scared of being charged after the end date or during the free trial even though i have cancelled it.

Hey @HK901

Thank you for reaching out. Since you've canceled your trial, you won't be charged further unless you restart your plan. You'll get an email confirming that you've canceled your subscription. You can manage your account and check to see when your account will revert to the Free service here.

I hope this clears things up! I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

I have got free trail for 4 months.....i have got it today....if cancel my autopay option then will my trail also get cancelled and then will i need to pay for it

Marked as solution

Hey @srinivasanjhansi,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

When you cancel your subscription during the free trial, your Premium stays until your next billing date. After this, since your account doesn't have payment details anymore, instead of taking the first payment, it will revert back to free. 

Remember that you can also take a look at the date your Premium will expire by checking your account page.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

For me it says it’ll go to the free version immediately, so I guess they must have changed it?

If you cancel your free premium trial early, you will not lose access to the premium features until the end of the trial period. if you cancel your subscription during the free trial, your Premium stays until your next billing date. After this, since your account doesn’t have payment details anymore, instead of taking the first payment, it will revert back to free. 

I got the same message, did they change that? 

Suggested posts