Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will my playlist and favorite song be gone when I subscribe spotify account in a new country?

Will my playlist and favorite song be gone when I subscribe spotify account in a new country?

Plan

Free because I can no longer subscribe premium with my UK debit card

Country Now UK account soon to be Thai 

Hi,

I used to study in the UK and I also subscribed spotify with UK account. Now, I have moved back to Thailand and I found out that I can no longer subscribe with the UK account since my UK debit card is expired so I have no method to pay. 

I have another choice to subscribe in Thai account since we have spotify here as well. But I am quite afraid that the suggested playlists will change into all Thai song. I am also a bit afraid that my saved playlist and favourite song will be gone once I change my country for my spotify account too. 

Could anyone kindly tell me what changes that I will have to face once I change my county in spotify accoung?

Thank you

MW  

1 Reply

Hey @MOOWAN,

Thanks for reaching out.

Your suggestions (in Browse/Home, for example) will definitely show different Spotify-curated playlists because your account would then be in another market. This doesn't mean that there will only be Thai songs, don't worry.

I don't see any reason why your liked songs or playlists would disappear. As long as you continue using the same account, they should all stay. It's possible that some songs will no longer be available, but this won't apply to all of the songs.

You can learn how to change your country setting here.

I hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts