With spotify duo can myself and my partner listen to different playlists at the same time?

Highlighted

With spotify duo can myself and my partner listen to different playlists at the same time?

Casual Listener

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: With spotify duo can myself and my partner listen to different playlists at the same time?

Hey there @rosapig,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

In short - yes, you can. You just need to have separate accounts.

Then you can follow these steps and invite your partner to the Premium Duo. After they've excepted the invite, you can both enjoy the Premium features together.

Don't worry, they won't lose their music, after they've upgraded to Premium Duo.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Stay safe! 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Re: With spotify duo can myself and my partner listen to different playlists at the same time?

Casual Listener

hi Elena, 

thanks for getting back to me!

We both have separate Spotify accounts. We live at the same address. We have signed up to Spotify Duo – and yet we can't listen to different playlists at the same time (ie. it either plays through my device or my partner's device)

Is it possible to listen to different playlists, at the same time, on two different devices?

thanks in advance

Highlighted

Hey there @munitizio,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We're happy that the upgrade worked! If you can't listen on two devices at the same time, you are probably logged in to the same account. If you log out and make sure to log back in with your personal email and password, that should do the trick. 

You can reset your password here, if either one of you doesn't remember it.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Stay safe! 

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS