Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't let me sign up for premium without the 3 months free offer

Solved!

Won't let me sign up for premium without the 3 months free offer

Free/Premium

Canada

I'm trying to sign up for student premium (they've approved my student status). I previously (years ago) used the 3 month free trial and then cancelled the subscription. I now want to sign up again, but when I try to sign up, it says I've already used the 3 months free offer, and then redirects me to choose another package, but all packages contain the 3 months free offer.

I just want to pay for premium, but it won't let me 😭

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @dmd256,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

That's odd 😕 Does subscribing to Premium Students using a different payment method work?

If that works, then you can try updating your payment method straight after subscribing. Spotify will start to take money from the second (your original) payment method on the next billing date.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help 😉

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey! Thanks for reaching out to the community!

That sounds really strange, could you try getting Premium for Students here using a different browser or private window?

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, still doesn't work. Screenshot of the error attached.

I've tried signing up from my phone and two computers with different browsers, no luck for any of them. It provides a link in the error, but it takes me back to this page:

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/purchase/products/?country=CA

error.png

What type of account do you currently have?

Is your account currently a free account, a family plan, or a "regular" premium account?

Can you post a screenshot of your account type as it appears in the "Account" panel when you are logged in on a browser?

Currently on the free plan, screenshot from account page attached.

Other possibly relevant info: under "Get Premium for Students" it says "This discount is valid until: 2020-10-21".

Under recipets tab, it says "No receipts found".

type.png
Marked as solution

Hey @dmd256,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

That's odd 😕 Does subscribing to Premium Students using a different payment method work?

If that works, then you can try updating your payment method straight after subscribing. Spotify will start to take money from the second (your original) payment method on the next billing date.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help 😉

Suggested posts