Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Work on boat no internet for 6 weeks at a time

Solved!

Work on boat no internet for 6 weeks at a time

Hey peeps new to this community posting thing I have a question if anyone can help please just signed a contract on a new fishing boat which goes out for 6 weeks at a time to the middle of nowhere with no internet connection or service I know offline mode lasts 30 days but if I leave it online will I loose my downloaded music or  can I turn offline on halfway thru to extend time any help will be awsomly appreciated thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Metalmad ! Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting! 🙂
Yes, you are correct that offline mode will only keep your downloaded content available for 30 consecutive days.
If you are able to resync at all during that time period it would reset the 30 days from the day you switch it back to offline. 
Unfortunately, if you can't connect for 6 weeks straight you would lose access for a couple weeks. I hope this helps clear up your question.
Feel free to reply if I can be of any more assistance and have a wonderful day! 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey again @Metalmad ! 
I can totally understand as that does sound difficult to be away for so long without access. 😞
Unfortunately, the 30 day log-in can't be worked around on any device that syncs to Spotify. This is because Spotify has to collect streams and royalty data - and also verify the Premium account is still active within a monthly time frame.
There is a live Idea linked below just for this topic that you can vote/comment on if you'd like to. 
I hope I was of some help and that you have a good trip! 🙂

[All Platforms] Offer Subscription Option for Those Not Going Online Every 30 Days

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Metalmad ! Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting! 🙂
Yes, you are correct that offline mode will only keep your downloaded content available for 30 consecutive days.
If you are able to resync at all during that time period it would reset the 30 days from the day you switch it back to offline. 
Unfortunately, if you can't connect for 6 weeks straight you would lose access for a couple weeks. I hope this helps clear up your question.
Feel free to reply if I can be of any more assistance and have a wonderful day! 🙂

Thanks Bethany was afraid this was the case thanks for replying was wondering if anyone would haha don't spose I could leave it online despite no connection then turn it to offline half way thru to extend time thanks

I no it's abit of a dodgy but really not keen to loose my music as end of trip is the worst time and internet is not possible
Marked as solution

Hey again @Metalmad ! 
I can totally understand as that does sound difficult to be away for so long without access. 😞
Unfortunately, the 30 day log-in can't be worked around on any device that syncs to Spotify. This is because Spotify has to collect streams and royalty data - and also verify the Premium account is still active within a monthly time frame.
There is a live Idea linked below just for this topic that you can vote/comment on if you'd like to. 
I hope I was of some help and that you have a good trip! 🙂

[All Platforms] Offer Subscription Option for Those Not Going Online Every 30 Days

Hmm bummer ok thanks Bethany your solution

Suggested posts