Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong help on Spotify about payment date

Wrong help on Spotify about payment date

So my problem is that I wanted to change the subscription billing date to be in sync with my payday. I followed the instructions on Spotify website and stopped my premium subscription for some days. I signed up again on 26th so that it would be the date when I would be charged for my monthy subscription. Instead, Spotify started to take money on the 15th! Apparently the help info on the website is wrong and thus should be removed! This and other translations: https://support.spotify.com/se/account_payment_help/payment_help/change-subscription-renewal-date/

What is the correct way to change the date of billing?

5 Replies

Hey there @mv011,

thanks for posting !

Can you please confirm which type of subscription you're using ?

You can do that by loging in at Spotify.com and clicking on your account overview page.

Thanks 😃

I have Premium for Family, but why is this important. So what I did was cancel all subscriptions, waited until 26th and signed up again, first for Premium and on the same day for Premium for Family.

Hey @mv011,

thanks for answering my question !

What happend here is that instead of subscribing directly for Premium For Family, you subscribed for Premium and then Premium For Family. 

When you upgraded from Premium to the Family plan, the billing date was brought forward to make up for the difference between the two plans.

Please check out this Spotify Answer for more info.

If you'd like to change your billing date again, you should follow the insructions provided in the article and this time you should directly subscribe to Premium For Family.

Let me know if you have any further questions 😃

Thank you for trying to help! Note that the link you provided does not work.

I did the only thing that was possible when one wants to keep the same user and all the saved playlists - upgrade. There is no way to upgrade an existing user to Family directly, at least there was not when I wanted to change the billing date.

Moreover, what happens in the back end system should not be the user's problem. Why would you need to change the billing date again if the upgrades are done on the same day, just charge the correct amount the next month.

Hey there @mv011,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Keep in mind that you won’t lose any music and playlists or your username by reverting to Free. However, you will need to redownload anything you’ve made available for offline listening once you’re back on Premium.

Further, if you are on the Free version, you can upgrade directly to Premium for Family on your preferred date by heading here.

If you upgrade for regular Premium on your preferred date and then change plans to Premium for Family, your billing date will be brought forward as @OneByBoo mentions. This is because of the difference between the price of Premium for Family and the regular Premium subscription you were on at first (even if you upgraded and changed plans on the same day).

Hope this helps clarify things but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts