Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your payment method and country don't match

Solved!

Your payment method and country don't match

This has been asked multiple times but I can't find any satisfying answers.

I'm a subscriber who's started my premium membership while living in the UK, I have now moved to Austria and have opened a new bank account through an online banking bank. Therefore my account is based somewhere in Europe but not in my country of residence.

Due to this change in bank account I wanted to update my payment method but your system refuses to accept it giving me this error: "Your payment method and country don't match"

How can I renew my subscription given my current circumstances?

Again I am using an online bank and so the account is based wherever the HQ of that online bank is situated, not where I live.
Online banking is used by millions of people who are using services from TransferWise, Monese, N26, Revolut, etc. Am I to believe that you just don't cater to these people?

Thanks in advance, Hope you can help me solve this issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, I've managed to subscribe again by going through Google Play's subscription system rather than Spotify's own one.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You may have to wait until your subscription expires and your account reverts to Free - once this happens you should be able to change the current country and/or payment info on your account page.

Hi, Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, this won't work. I've already manually cancelled my subscription so I can change my country in my settings. I've changed it to Austria (from UK) which did not help then I used a VPN to be able to change it to Belgium (where my account is located) which gave me the same error still.

Marked as solution

Ok, I've managed to subscribe again by going through Google Play's subscription system rather than Spotify's own one.

Suggested posts