NEXT STEP

ads in Podcasts with premium

ads in Podcasts with premium

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria

My Question or Issue

Hello, I'm a premium member for some time now and I've noticed that all of a sudden I get ads in between podasts (or at the beginnung/ending of an episode).

Now I mostly listen to american podcasts and those ads are in german, so it definately isnt an ad from the podcasters. To be more specific, the ads are from my governments vaccine-campaign. I mean yes but also I pay premium to not have ANY ads so whats happening here?

3 Replies

Hey @naynayisay ,

Thanks for posting here in the Community!  Spotify gives the podcast hosts the option to choose if they would like to have a dynamic ad slot in their podcast.

You can find more info about this here. This is an option that Spotify can't control - it's up to the individual podcast owners if they choose to have that type of ad in their content.

You'll not receive any Ads directly from Spotify since you're currently on the Premium Plan, however, the podcast owners can indeed chose to have those specific ads added to their content. 

Also, there's an answer from Spotify's Team regarding a similar request on this Closed Idea.

Have a nice day! 

Sounds like advertisment with extrasteps to me.
Also its their app, of course they could controll it if they wanted. What a joke.

The gal above who's totally not a Spotify employee and other employees will consistently lie to you about this subject. They'll tell you these ads were placed by the podcast creators and it's out of the company's control, despite the fact that they are in fact placed solely by Spotify who has complete control over forcing you to listen to these ads. Search this forum, there's endless posts on the subject where they do this. Don't let them gaslight you and don't waste your time with their lies. Please report them to the FTC for false advertising at reportfraud.ftc.gov

Suggested posts