Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

**bleep** as usual. (Aka someone is using my account)

**bleep** as usual. (Aka someone is using my account)

Well, well, here we are again. Now my girlfriend is facing the same issue as I did two month ago - someone keeps highjacking her Spotify account and starting playback of music she does not listen to. Interestingly it is always -in my opinion- bad rap music - just as it was when I faced this issue in 2017, then in 2018 and at the beginning of this year. We both don't listen to rap and thus I am sure it's not just something from our playlists - but hey - there is something new for her: music starts playing on the last connected device. If she was last listening to music via our Echo Dot Gen 3, playback randomly starts on that device - pretty nice if you are trying to sleep and your Bathroom Eco starts playing music at full blast. 

So ONCE AND FOR ALL GET THIS **bleep**ING ISSUE FIXED. Are you guys employing apes to wrote your apps and services? If I would deliver a service / or an API with security issues like that, i'd be fired instantly. I am really not sure if I want to have a company handle my credit card information - which should be securely stored - if the core service is so buggy and insecure.... 

3 Replies

Hey @dsteiner1992, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Oh thank you so much. Not.

Do you really think logging out from all devices (as described by the help article) helps? I am having this issue for years now, have logged off from all devices multiple times and nothing changed this is not a bug the user can fix it is a security flaw. 

Hey there @dsteiner1992.,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community.

If you or your girlfriend are experiencing unexpected behavior, we'd recommend making sure to follow all the steps in this support site article, including reaching out to us. This way, a member of the Spotify staff can take a look behind the scenes for you. 

Please note that here at Spotify we care deeply for the security of your data and our security team works tirelessly to safeguard your account and your personal information. 

With this in mind, we'd highly recommend checking this support site article for info and measures you can take to ensure your account is protected.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts