Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can only download music in one device

can only download music in one device

I became Premium a few days ago, but know i learned that i am only able to download my music in one device. For example, i’m logged in on my account in both my phone and my iPad, but i can only download songs on my phone. I don’t understand why this is happening since it explicitly says on my iPad that i am premium, and i assume i should be able to download music in up to 5 devices . 

Plan 

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

2 Replies

Hey @luizadiasf, help's here. 

You're right, as a Premium subscriber, you should be able to download your music on more devices. 

Do you see the download button on your iPad when choosing an album or a playlist? If not, you may be logged in on a different account, or your subscription status hasn't been refreshed on your device. Either way, we suggest that you do the following:

• Log out and log back in with the same details as your phone (check that you can use other Premium features such as ad-free listening).
  • Check your device isn’t in sleep mode.
  • Make sure there’s enough free space on the device’s memory (we recommend at least 1GB).
  • Your device must have an active internet connection. We suggest switching between networks.
  • You can only download music and podcasts to a maximum of 5 separate devices (see your offline devices on your account page).
  • You can only download a maximum of 10,000 songs per device. If you get an error message that says you’ve reached this limit, try removing some existing downloads.
  • Reinstall the app.

If that doesn't help, check out this help article for further info, and then get back with a screenshot of error messages or missing download button and we'll help out. 

Keep us posted 🙂

I can’t download songs on my iPhone either, I have it available only on my iPad in offline but for my phone I have to connect to internet.

i read somewhere that enabling ‘offline mode’ from second device will enable downloads on my iPhone too so I did that, but that removed all offline songs from my iPad too… so when I enable ‘offline mode’ from iPad it removes offline files from both devices so it doesn’t make any sense doing that. 

the only reason I subscribed to premium plan is to get files offline on my devices.

Suggested posts