Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

change country...will not accept payment for premium

Solved!

change country...will not accept payment for premium

I have now done what spotify told me regarding changing country from norway to spain.....cancelled my subsciption....so, when I tried to pay for renewal of premium, it won't accept my credit card.

Do spotify expect me to go to my bank here in spain and get a creditcard? Why will you not accept my norwegian visa-card? Spotify is only bringing problems these days....The other issue that's not solved is the update issue...still not possible to update...error error 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @indieniels,

Thanks for reaching out.

To subscribe to Premium, your payment method and country must always match. This means that you'll need a payment method that's been issued in Spain to be able to subscribe to Premium.

Eventually, other payment methods are being offered to you on the payment page as well. If that's the case then you can use those too to subscribe to Premium.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @indieniels,

Thanks for reaching out.

To subscribe to Premium, your payment method and country must always match. This means that you'll need a payment method that's been issued in Spain to be able to subscribe to Premium.

Eventually, other payment methods are being offered to you on the payment page as well. If that's the case then you can use those too to subscribe to Premium.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts