Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

charged three times - have premium for two of us, need to cancel my son's acct and add to ours

Solved!

charged three times - have premium for two of us, need to cancel my son's acct and add to ours

Hello,

We have a premium account which my husband and i are on and would now like to cancel my son's account and add him to our family plan. In addition to the $14.99 premium charge and my son's $9.99 charge we are also being billed $11.99 in error-not sure whose account that is for!

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @casizehr. Seems like there are a few things going on here. Let's see what we can do about resolving them all.

Foremost, in regards to your son's account, you have two options. You can invite him to the plan without canceling, or you can cancel his plan and then add him to the account.

If you don't cancel, his subscription will be suspended while he's on the family plan, but if at any point he is removed from the plan, his subscription will pick back up. If he cancel's before being added to the plan, then if he is ever removed from the plan he will revert to a free account, and can later subscribe to premium. The decision falls to you as to which option you would prefer.

To Cancel: Log in to his account, and then visit the subscription page found here, and then select “cancel your subscription,” found at the bottom of the page. Please note that there are a few steps involved before the subscription is canceled. Upon successful cancellation he should receive a confirmation email.

To Invite to the Plan: Check out this Q&A thread for directions on how to add someone to a family plan and more.

That should take care of that. Now, in regards to the $11.99, that is the amount you would see for an account subscribed through iTunes. This has not been an option for some time, so you're looking for an account that is at least a year old, or so. Because this is through Apple, you will want to reach out to their support team to see if they can track down the Apple ID it's being charged to, and through that, the device and Spotify account.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you run into any other issues, or if anything I described isn't clear. Cheers!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @casizehr. Seems like there are a few things going on here. Let's see what we can do about resolving them all.

Foremost, in regards to your son's account, you have two options. You can invite him to the plan without canceling, or you can cancel his plan and then add him to the account.

If you don't cancel, his subscription will be suspended while he's on the family plan, but if at any point he is removed from the plan, his subscription will pick back up. If he cancel's before being added to the plan, then if he is ever removed from the plan he will revert to a free account, and can later subscribe to premium. The decision falls to you as to which option you would prefer.

To Cancel: Log in to his account, and then visit the subscription page found here, and then select “cancel your subscription,” found at the bottom of the page. Please note that there are a few steps involved before the subscription is canceled. Upon successful cancellation he should receive a confirmation email.

To Invite to the Plan: Check out this Q&A thread for directions on how to add someone to a family plan and more.

That should take care of that. Now, in regards to the $11.99, that is the amount you would see for an account subscribed through iTunes. This has not been an option for some time, so you're looking for an account that is at least a year old, or so. Because this is through Apple, you will want to reach out to their support team to see if they can track down the Apple ID it's being charged to, and through that, the device and Spotify account.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you run into any other issues, or if anything I described isn't clear. Cheers!

Suggested posts