Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

chargred for using Spotify on a monthly bases, but I don't use Spotify!

Solved!

chargred for using Spotify on a monthly bases, but I don't use Spotify!

Hi. I made an account on Spotify to try the free trails using my gmail email address, and that was on March, 2020. I created the account on the spotify website, I downloaded the app on android on Samsung device. When the free trials finished, I didn't join Premium Spotify and I didn't use Spotify at all since then. However, today the 26th of July I got shocked to see in my bank statement that Spotify is charging me with £9.99 every month since April. That is so shocking to me as not only I did't join premium, but also I didn't use spotify at all since the free trials finished. I checked my subscription on Spotify using the web and also checked the mobile spotify app, and both of them says I am on FREE plan. my Question is: How to stop this charging which is unfair as I don't use Spotify. I am not on premium and I don't open spotify at all. Most importantly, can I get a refund for the money spotify charged? Its unfair and I am in need for every single penny at the moment. I even not sure how they charged me with this.

Thanks.

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MarwaS, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you check your Receipts page, and see if you locate any receipts past April 2020? If not, then I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They'll take a closer look and do their best to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @MarwaS,

No worries. I hope everything gets back on track soon.

If you need help in the future, don't hesitate to start a topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @MarwaS, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you check your Receipts page, and see if you locate any receipts past April 2020? If not, then I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They'll take a closer look and do their best to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thank you for your rapid respond. I checked yes, it says No receipts found. I contacted SpotifyCares on Twitter. They responded, and we are working on it at the moment. I am also worried about the refund, I hope it is possible I can get my money back 😞

Thanks a lot again.

Marked as solution

Hey @MarwaS,

No worries. I hope everything gets back on track soon.

If you need help in the future, don't hesitate to start a topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

All sorted!. No more charging in the future and am getting a refund! Thanks a lot Billy~J for your cooperation and help, and big thanks to SpotifyCares, for their true care, rapid response and very high quality support!.
All the best,
M.

Suggested posts