Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iTunes Purchases no longer honoured

iTunes Purchases no longer honoured

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I purchased Spotify Premium on iTunes from New Zealand.

I have been a loyal customer for the last couple of years. Yesterday, Spotify said they would not provide the Premium service unless I purchased it directly from Spotify. 

To make things worse, I purchased Spotify Premium twice on iTunes because there was no information about this,

Spotify are still advertising and selling the Premium Subscription on iTunes, now they want me try and get a refund from iTunes for a Subscription they are not honouring. 

All they had to do was honour the purchase and provide me with my Premium Subscription. Instead, they say buy it from Spotify, not Apple, otherwise go away.

It would have been nice if would have made some effort and pickup the phone and call me. Apple are unhappy with the way this has been handled because it reflects badly on them. Apple are always willing to help and will be calling me this morning. 

In short, Spofity is now falsely advertising their Premium Subscription on iTunes, they are invalidating their sales contract terms and conditions, in New Zealand we have the Consumer Guarentees Act to protect consumers from these sorts of behaviours and heavy fines can be imposed on businesses that falsey or misleadingly advertise. 

It seems now this will have to be escalated to the Disputes Tribunal for a resolution. 

Good luck Spotify, this is not a good way to retain customers.

The reason I buy all my Subsrciptions from iTunes is so there is one sotre to manage all pruchases and deal with. I do not have time to deal with all of the providers individually.

Poor form Spotify,

Gabriel

1 Reply

Hi @GabrielJamesNZ, welcome to the Spotify Community!

We're sorry to hear about your subscription, we'd like to have this sorted for you. We don't have telephone support at the moment. But in this case, we suggest that you contact us via email here or through our official social media channels on Facebook or Twitter. This way, we'll be able to take a closer look at your account and see what happened there.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions.

Have a great day!

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts