Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iphone 6plus and hp laptop

Operating System

ios something and windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've really wanted to get spotify premium for some time now. I could not connect it to my debit account, however, so I went and bought a 3-month redeemable gift card. What happens when my premium runs out? What will happen to the songs I download? My plan is to buy another gift card and redeem it a day or two before the expiry date. Is this a sound plan? If I redeem another card, will my premium time...accumulate? Or will it refresh? I do hope I'm making some sense.

Thank you so, so much. I appreciate you. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @shutterstock_ Welcome to the Spotify Community and Thanks for reaching out!

To answer your questions ill do them in bullet points

• What happens when my premium runs out?
    • Essentially when youre premium runs out your downloaded songs would no longer work. As downloads are a premium feature.
  • My plan is to buy another gift card and redeem it a day or two before the expiry date. Is this a sound plan?
    • Yes this is a totally sound plan. 
  • If I redeem another card, will my premium time...accumulate?
    • Yes your premium time will accumulate, the more codes you add the more months of premium you'll have. If you do decide to go this route you can also go to your account overview and see how long your subscription is valid for.

If you have any other questions let me know!
Happy Listening! 

Keanu_C

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @shutterstock_ Welcome to the Spotify Community and Thanks for reaching out!

To answer your questions ill do them in bullet points

• What happens when my premium runs out?
    • Essentially when youre premium runs out your downloaded songs would no longer work. As downloads are a premium feature.
  • My plan is to buy another gift card and redeem it a day or two before the expiry date. Is this a sound plan?
    • Yes this is a totally sound plan. 
  • If I redeem another card, will my premium time...accumulate?
    • Yes your premium time will accumulate, the more codes you add the more months of premium you'll have. If you do decide to go this route you can also go to your account overview and see how long your subscription is valid for.

If you have any other questions let me know!
Happy Listening! 

Keanu_C

@Keanu_C  I'm incredibly grateful for your reply. It is indeed very helpful!

Thanks again! :-))

No Problem! Have a good week!

Keanu_C

Suggested posts