kicked off Premium with no notification prior to expiration due to being abroad

Plan

Premium

Device

Macbook Pro early 2015 Huawei P30

Operating System

Catallina / Android

My Question or Issue

With no notification I have been kicked out from my premium account prior to its expiration. I duly paid for an entire year and as from a few days I am considered as a free member and can't access my account anymore while my account should expire next 7th of August (with automatic renewal on top of that) .  It looks like the fact I am abroad is an issue for Spotify.  Due to the Pandemic and family situation yes I am not in my legal country at this moment while my bank account (used to take my premium fee), work, home, contract etc  are still at that initial location  This said, my account has been canceled with no any notification neither by email or message about this problematic situation.  I would have been pleased to explain it and provide any needed justification.

As this was not the case,  I do request the entire reimbursement of my premium fee for my entire subscription paid for a full year (not on a monthly base) as Spotify didn't notify me or asked for any additional information which I would have been keen on providing.  

Also, I am very curious on what will happen next 7th of August at my renewal date.  Will Spotify still take the money out of my bank account? 

Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 21.57.08.png
Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 22.16.36.png
1 Reply

Hey there @tfenaux,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear that happened to you. We'll shed some light on the situation.

When you've been more than 14 days abroad, you can follow these steps to change the country settings. After the country is updated, you'll need to change your payment details as well. They should match the country, in order to avoid other potential issues.

We'd suggest you go here and check the receipts. There you can also see all the payments and the time span for the Premium time.

Here you can find more information about Spotify's refund policy. 

If you have questions, you know where to find us.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts