Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

neither Family nor Duo working simultaneously on two devices with different accounts

neither Family nor Duo working simultaneously on two devices with different accounts

Plan

Premium (Duo)

Country

Germany

Device

(iPhone 7plus and 11 pro max, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(latest iOS 10, with current spotify app)

My Question or Issue

with family as well as duo plan: unfortunately my device pauses as soon as my wife’s device starts and vice versa.

That even though we checked and she is logged in with her account and me with mine.

We tried

1. log off log in on both devices and

2. even removed her from our former family plan just to add her again. confirming our adress. 

3. changed to duo plan, sent her the link after her device thus didnt show any premium anymore, activated her account.

—> still same problem.

Please help!

1 Reply

Hey @Rene-Seb

Help’s here!

First thing we recommend trying is a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. Make sure you perform this on both your own mobile device and your wife's. This will help in case the issue is related to corrupted cache. Then make sure everyone logs in using their correct account details.

In case the issue persists after running a clean reinstall, try disabling any battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps that run active on the mobile devices. Such features can often prevent Spotify from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Suggested posts