Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

paying for premium, account showing as free

paying for premium, account showing as free

Hello Spotify Community,

today I discovered that my account is no longer showing as premium, even though I am paying for it. I've already checked my account, and the monthly premium has been paid, I also got a reply saying the same from the payment service provider. Furthermore, I've also logged out and back in again, aswell as uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Also, I've made sure that the account in question is my only one, so none of your general suggestions have worked. Please contact me asap and let me know whats going on!

3 Replies

Hey @John42047, welcome to the community.

Hope you’re doing great!

Sorry to hear you’re having issues accessing your Premium content, but no worries - I’ll be happy to help. 

Could you try following these steps here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/i-pay-for-premium-why-am-i-on-free/?

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Billy

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Like I previously stated, ive unsuccessfully tried each and every one if the suggestions from the link you posted. At this point Im wondering if I should just get Premium again, only reason i haven't yet is cause im afraid I'll be getting charged twice from now on. How can I make sure this does not happen?

@John42047 -

Thanks for the reply!

If you subscibed to Premium with another service provider, but not with Spotify directly, you’d have to reach out to them to clear things up. 

Hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts