Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

problem with payment? also switching to student discount

problem with payment? also switching to student discount

Hi, 

As i don't seem to be able to find an email adress or contact form to solve this issue, i'll give this a go... 

I wanted to switch my premium account to student discount, as that has been released in my county. However when logging in i got the message that there is 'something' going on with my payment details. Not specified what. Really confused now, as i checked my bank account and a payment has been made today with no problems whatsoever. Also really surprised that i did not get an email or anything when something went wrong with my payment. 

So my questions would be:

1. is there really something wrong with my payment details, and if yes what is it and how do i resolve it?

2. how do i switch to student discount without having to pay both the charge for premium and the charge for student discount this month

3. is there any way to just send an email to spotify to adress issues like this which i believe are very personal an do not add any information for other users like a forum post should? 

1 Reply

Hi @IrenevanSetten,

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your Spotify, I will answer all of your questions bellow, I hope it helps 🙂

1. To check if there has been an issue, please login to your account overview (https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/), then click on 'Receipts', if you can see the payment that was taken out today, there should be no problem. Please note, Spotify can take up to 24 hours to update the account to Premium, if after 24 hours the issue is still occuring, you can contact Support (I will say how to do that when answering your third question 🙂 )
  2. You can update your premium to student, it is a very simple process, simply go to - https://www.spotify.com/student/, and follow the insturctions there.
  3. To contact Spotifty support you can do so via Twitter (@SpotifyCares) or on this online contact form

I hope this reply has helped you!

Suggested posts