Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Payment Failed"

"Payment Failed"

I've had on-and-off premium for about 4 years now, and I've never once had this issue before. I recently had my credit card information stolen, and I've been issued a new card, but it's giving me issues when I've been trying to renew my premium subscription for days now. I'm entering in all of the right information, but every time it simply just tells me my payment has failed and to try again or to refer to the support page, which hasn't been of any use to me. I've tried everything from renewing the subscription in incognito, contacting my bank and my credit card provider and even creating a new account and attempting to use the card on that account for a premium membership. This is starting to get quite frustrating for me and I have yet to find a solution.

1 Reply

Hey @walker560.

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you're having trouble with subscribing to Premium, make sure you check the following:

1. Is your payment method issued in the same country that’s registered to your Spotify account? 
    The country of your payment method must match the one in your Spotify profile, so we can verify your location. Check out how to change the country on your account.
  2. Has the card expired or been canceled? 
    Contact your bank or credit card company for further details or to request a new card. Then try signing up again with the updated payment details.
  3. Have you entered all the correct details? 
    Make sure you enter your details correctly, particularly the 3-digit number sequence on the back of your card (the CVV/CVC security code). Also check you have the available funds 🙂 
  4. Is your card enabled for foreign purchases, and online and recurring transactions? 
    You can contact your bank or credit company to check this. You may also need to have your card set up for 3D Secure online transactions. Examples include “Verified by Visa” and “Mastercard SecureCode”.

Still not working?

If you've checked all the above and still can’t sign up for a subscription, here are some extra things to try:

• Wait a few days and try again. 
    There might have simply been a temporary connection problem when the transaction was attempted. We’d also recommend giving it a try in a private/incognito window in your web browser.
  • Try a different payment method. 
    We have a range of payment methods available. Try selecting an alternative method to what you’ve already tried.
  • Contact your bank or credit card company. 
    Their phone number is usually provided on the back of the card you're trying to use.

Alternatively you could try to subscribe via PayPal. It's important however that you have a payment card connected to your PayPal account.

Hope it works. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts