"You've discovered a premium feature" every time I try to save my playlists

Plan

Premium

Country

Costa Rica

Device

S10+

My Question or Issue

For about a week now, every time I open the app or go to save ANY playlist, I get a pop up saying it's a Premium feature. I have the premium family plan, and had no issues in the past until now. On top of that, I was forced to change my password around the same time this issue started. How can we have this fixed asap?

Screenshot_20190531-130551_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had this same issue appear for the first time today, trying to turn 'shuffle' on or off one of my playlists would simply give me the 'You have discovered a Premium feature' message and do nothing. (I'm a premium member already).

I did manage to fix it however.

The issue was only happening on my mobile device, so I changed the listening device to my PC, then on my PC, there was no issue. I changed back to my mobile, and it works fine now, issue resolved.

Hopefully this helps someone else with this problem.

View solution in original post

23 Replies

Same problem/bug here. 

And, I can't download any playlists anymore.

It just tells me "You discovered a premium feature" and stays on "Waiting for download" for ever

Offline plays completely stopped.

Device: S10

---UPDATE---

Looks like I found the problem. I was about to uninstall the app, and I accidentaly saw that the "Storage Permission" for Spotify is disabled.

Turned on the storage permission, and everything got back to normal.

Downloads working and "You have discovered a premium feature" has gone for now.

Screenshot_20190531-225335_Spotify.jpg

Hey @projhs and @FaridR,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this 🙂

This is a known issue which we are currently looking into.

Make sure to head over to this thread and leave your info. We'll get back to you in the thread as soon as we have any updates.

Thnaks!

This issue is far from resolved.

I've had a premium account for years, currently with a family plan, and I'm running into this message now when I try to listen to the latest single from one of my favourite artists.

Hey there @metal_tank,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Let's try the following steps: 

1. Run a clean reinstall.
  2. Restart device.
  3. Log out and back in. 

If this doesn't work, let us know your:

• device
  • OS 
  • Spotify version

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi Petya,

I've done all of this already.

I'm running Spotify version 8.5.30.579 on Oxygen OS 9.0.9 (Android 9) on a OnePlus 5T.

Hey @metal_tank,

Thanks for the quick reply! 

Could you try running a clean reinstall again? This time with the help of this guide (step 4 is very important) to make sure your app is running on the latest version. 

After that please try enabling permission for storage option for Spotify. This can be accessed by going to Settings>Apps>Spotify>Permissions>Storage.

Let us know how it goes!

PetyaModerator

Hi Petya,

I've done a clean install & ensured Spotify has storage permissions, and this hasn't resolved the issue.

What else can we try please?

I'm also having this issue on my PC as well FYI. It's not showing up with the banner, but I still can't play the track

Hey again @metal_tank,

Thanks for being here and for trying out the steps! 

Can you try clearing the cache on both of your devices?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies!

PetyaModerator

I think when you download songs on Spotify, it's only saved on the Spotify app, not to your local drive. That's why it doesn't need permissions for storage access. Does that make sense?

This ilyas i have a issue on my spotify iam free user and which song i like the don’t play and which song i like the play only 10 sec and another song which is no like on my list it is play

E00156EF-C320-4C33-8324-C8FACC4FF320.png

Hey @Ilyaskhan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

When you have a free account, selecting a specific track is just going to show you a 10 seconds preview of the song. Keep in mind that selecting a specific song from your playlist is a feature only available for Premium subscribers.

To listen to full tracks in a free account, we'd recommend using the Play shuffle button shown on the top of your screenshot.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It's happened to me too I can't get my Spotify premium to go and I've got a one month premium on my account can you help me pls

Hey @jacobhoeta,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Usually, this type of issue happens when you log in to a different account by mistake. We'd recommend logging out and back in following the steps in this article.

If the issue persists, it's possible that the Premium account has different credentials to log in to. Since an account could be created with a Facebook profile, a Google/Apple account, or a phone number, we'd also suggest trying out these other methods to see if the issue persists. 

In case that the account doesn't show the Premium subscription after this, as we cannot access users accounts from the Community, we'd recommend contacting our Customer support directly so they can check the account and help you further. 

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator

One of my playlists won't shuffle and keeps saying "you discovered a premium feature" and I've done everything to fix it said in this article. 

Hey @Seetherfan1996,

Thanks for reaching out.

We'd recommend checking this guide as well as the suggestions above posted by @OscarDC.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Marked as solution

I had this same issue appear for the first time today, trying to turn 'shuffle' on or off one of my playlists would simply give me the 'You have discovered a Premium feature' message and do nothing. (I'm a premium member already).

I did manage to fix it however.

The issue was only happening on my mobile device, so I changed the listening device to my PC, then on my PC, there was no issue. I changed back to my mobile, and it works fine now, issue resolved.

Hopefully this helps someone else with this problem.

Hi I've been having the same issue. I have had premium for years now and up until a few months ago I never had this issue. I notice that it seems to occur on certain playlists; more specifically the ones that I have enhanced, made collaborative, or shared with others. It does seem to resolve itself when I switch to listening on my PC but when I'm paying for premium I expect it to work as expected on all my devices. I'm currently running the most current version of the app.

Hey @km12

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid repeating any steps. 

If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you log out and then log back in to your account twice in a row. This will trigger a sync between your account and phone. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts