Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Your payment method does not match your country" - Even though my payment method is registered

"Your payment method does not match your country" - Even though my payment method is registered

My Question or Issue

Hello, I am simply trying to upgrade to spotify premium. I just downloaded Spotify today for the first time in my life. I am living in Germany. I have a German bank account with a registered German address and registered German Billing address. I have a German Laptop with a German IP address and I am currently living in Germany. So why do I keep getting this message:

"Your payment method does not match your country. To continue, change the country for your account or choose another payment option."

WHY?? This is so frustrating!

1 Reply

Hi there @EmBee9,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend trying to presubscribe for Premium through an incognito window, or using another network.

Also, make sure your payment method is Enabled for foreign, secure online, and recurring purchases. Contact your bank or payment provider to check.

If that doesn't work, we suggest you want a day or two and try again.

In the end you can reach out to our customer support team and explain what happened, they'd be able to give you more detailed info on why the transaction might not be working.

Hope you find this info useful.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts