Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"this card doesn't allow monthly billing"

"this card doesn't allow monthly billing"

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

Apple products

My Question or Issue

Everytime I try to renew my subscription, I get the same error message telling me my card doesn't accept monthly billing. I have been using the same card/bank to pay for premium the past few months and haven't had a problem until now. 

4 Replies

You may need to talk to the bank that issued your card.

Is it a credit card, or a debit card, or something else?

Is it MasterCard, Visa, or something else?

If it is a debit card, is it associated with a regular checking account? Or is it some sort of gift card or prepaid card?

Hey @psmoore - help's here 🙂

Could you try opening the payment page in a different browser or an incognito window? That tends to do the trick 😉

Let us know how you get on!

Hey. I've tried it in incognito mode and everything else that's mentioned on one of your support pages. Mine is an international card, has sufficient balance and I've even made payments with it across Netflix, Prime, etc.
Spotify seems to have specific grudges against me 😞

Also, the fact that I'm opting for Spotify Premium Duo and it doesn't support Paytm Payments in India - it is causing a lot of issues 😞 

Hey there @tato0915,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

We can see that you went through some good troubleshooting already. It's always a good start to check out this support page for help with failed payments.

If you you're getting an error that your card doesn't allow monthly billing, it means that we didn’t get the authorization from your bank to sign you up for recurring charges. In this case we recommend you to get in touch with your payment provider or try a different payment method.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts