Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

removed and cant rejoin Family Premium

removed and cant rejoin Family Premium

I have a premium account (the owner is my husband) for a long time - more than 3 years and recently I was removed from the plan and moved to the free account, whereas he stayed in the premium. He already sent million times new invitation, we tried everything that is recommended in the website but nothing works.

Even worse, we made a test creating a new user and it worked.. the new user ! What is happening? Under my user I already have many playlists, it is connected with facebook and everything, why cant I rejoin my premium plan? And if I invent a new user it works?

I am very upset with this situation.

Plan

Family Premium (or should be...trying to....)

Country

Brazil

My Question or Issue

8 Replies

I’m having the same problem... does anyone have a solution or can Spotify fix this??

Try contacting their support support@spotify.com

Thanks. I did, but unfortunately it seems spotfy is not very concerned about making a customer unhappy. Seriously. How come? I always loved spotfy, never had problems. And not not only I have a problem but cant contact anyone to fix it. The email to support@spotify.com is useless as they give a standard reply that I had already found in their site. But no one will take a look technically to what happened. 

It is bizarre that I have to create a brand new account in Spotify to join the current familiar plan. Well... also horrible for spotify that will get its tool populated with double accounts from customers (the old one and the one that works). Of course that I very upset as I will have to create new playlists again. But fine... I will just follow my old account and follow its playlists. It is a bizarre work around, but as no one helps me I will continue with this great plan.

Imagine if next year I have the same problem? Then I will have to create again a new user?? Hahahaha.

Well, I sent again a new email to their customer support. Let's see if anyone gets back to me but I am really hopeless.

Same problem!!!

I thought it was becaause other members filled in wrong address but I can not find the address I filled in as the owner so I can not tell what they filled wrong. They can not rejoin spotify family

Exactly. Probably creating double accounts is not the smartest plan (both for you and for spotfy). But at least with me it worked. I followed exactly what I was doing with my old user (including exactly the same address than before - and not being able to join spotify premium), but with the new user it worked. 

Not sure if your problem is the same as mine, but maybe you can test it. 

And indeed, it is strange that the account onwer cant check its own address (lets say you moved and your are not sure which address you included).  Even worse, you have to cancel the account and make a new one... but at this point this is not what I am concerned about. I just want to go jogging without song interruptions and I found my own way to fix it.

Hi, I just my problem correctly fixed!! I got a super service via the chat (via contact form). They were very supportive and fixed the problem immediatly. Good luck!!!

How do I contact them or get the contact form please? Can send a link?

Thx

Hi @Lo53,

Please try https://support.spotify.com/br/contact-spotify-support/

I am sorry that the link I sent is from Brazil, but at the bottom right you will see the Brazilian flag, just click there and chose your country.

After that it will appear a standard questionaine/form to chose the category of your problem. After selecting a few options, if you click in 'I still need help' button you will have the option to start a chat.

I hope it works!!

Suggested posts